Student's Electronic Magazine
Zarka Pioneer Centre for Gifted Students
Glogs,Blogs,Wikispaces& Prezis about:
Country: Sierra Leone
Name of Project: SHARING CULTURES ABOUT YOUR COMMUNITY
Description of What You Are looking for from Other Schools: it will be
more excited if you can share though about your community, so our
students can learn the difference between developed and developing
countries in the globe.
Khalid Ben Alwaleed Independent Preparatory School for Boys
Name of Project: stories on the deep rooted human values prevailing in your society (COUNTRY) and reflecting its culture.
The aim of the project is to focus on human issues and to enjoy reading about each other’s community to find out the common values that enable co-inhabitance and tolerance, a thing people in this world need urgently.
Teacher- Kelly Carter
School- Sherrard Middle School
City- Wheeling, West Virginia
Country- United States
Name of Project: More Than Meets the Sound-Students Speak Now
Description of what we are looking for from other schools:
We would like each class to compose a minimum of one song and design a "cd" cover to go with their song so we can compile it into a "book" of songs. (All electronic)
How can we inspire the world to be more peaceful using songs?
Sponsor School:Gorkovskoe secondary school№1
Name of Project:Electronic magazine"The School Times".
Goal Of The Project:To learn more about school life in different countries and compare our educational systems.
Type Of Writing Requested:doc files,jpg,pdf,jpeg
Description Of What You Are Looking For From Other Schools: to share information about different aspects of your school life
When does your school begin?
Make a short description of a normal day in your life.
. How many school lessons do you have per day? How long do you stay in school?
How much homework do you usually have to do? How long does it take you to do it?
Sports at school.Are you in a sports club? How often do you practice?Do you have school competitios?
Your school dress code and rules.
Your favourite teacher.
What do you eat for lunch?
What else do you do in your free time?
School: Benjamin Franklin Middle School and Thomas Jefferson Middle School
City: Teaneck, New Jersey
Name of Project: Travel Brochure For Your Community
Goal: The goal of this project is for students to learn about the infrastructure, etiquette and important places in the communities of our fellow learning circle participants. Because our students may not ever have the opportunity to visit each others$B!G(B communities, it would be great to take a virtual trip which might ultimately promote greater understanding and appreciation of the global community.
1. The Infrastructure
• What do the houses look like? From what materials are they built? Is there a reason for the type of architecture and materials used?
• Is there a town center? What types of businesses does it include? What type and amount of traffic do you find in the town center?
• How would you describe the culture of your community?
• What are the customs that it is important to know when visiting a home in your community? We would not want to break rules or be unknowingly rude or disrespectful of your traditions when we are visiting you.
• Is there anything in particular that we should or should not wear, say or eat while we are in your community? Please tell us why.
3, General Information
• What is the pride of your community? What do you most want us to see and know about your community? Why?
School: LeRoy Jr. High School
City: LeRoy, IL
Name of Project: A Day in the Life of Students/a photo journal
Goal: The goal of this project is for students to learn about a typical day in the life of other students similar in age from different parts of this country as well as other countries. We would like this to be done in photographs as we have really enjoyed looking at pictures of your communities. For this project, a student or students take pictures of a typical day for them. This can include the morning routine at home followed by the routine at school and then any after school programs or sporting events. It would also be nice to see what their routine at home is once their day is complete. It is my hope that students will find that we are all more similar than different in how we go about our day.
HOME AT THE BEGINNING OF THE DAY
1. What does your bedroom look like in your home? Do you eat before you leave the house? Does your family sit down together for breakfast or is everyone in a hurry? What time does your day begin?
2. At school, what is your routine for the day? How many different classes do you have in one day? Do you have the same teacher all day or different teachers? What does your classroom look like? Do you use textbooks? It would be good to have a picture of each class you attend.
3. What do you do when the school day is over until you arrive back home?
HOME AT THE END OF THE DAY
4. What are your rituals and routines at the end of the day until it is time for bed? Do families spend time together? Do you get home early or late? Do you eat a meal together? What time do you go to sleep on a typical day? Do you have any rituals before you go to bed? Is this time family time or do you communicate with friends even after you get home?
5. Do you do anything special on weekends? Do you observe holy days? If so, where? Are there special weekend activities you participate in on a regular basis?
Khuzama AlMomani - jordan
Zarka pioneer center for gifted students
project idea : Electronic magazine with many subject : info about healthy food , how to study or to read , info about cultures ,history, science ..Etc.
This will help the students to learn more about those subjects while collecting info, so to improve & enrich their knowledge... Also their computer skills .
Questions to the other schools:
- tell us about your favorite food from your culture, how to prepare it? Its benefits?
- tell us about your culture, the most important things? ( writing+pictures )
- Write about a kind of vegetables or fruit (your favorite), nutrition value?
- Which history you prefer to read about? Tell us in brief about it?
- write about your favorite subject related to science?
- What are the best ways to teach kids about any subject? Languages?